The Ninja and Samurai classes in FFXIV patch 5.08
FFXIV Patch 5.08 is primarily a balanced update with buffs for the Ninja and Samurai job classes, as well as a tweak to Summoner, which went live on August 29th. Now we found out that the Ninja and Samurai classes will receive further reworks.
Here's all the patch notes for FFXIV patch 5.08:
Rogue / Ninja
· Spinning Edge: Potency has been increased from 200 to 220.
· Gust Slash: Combo potency has been increased from 300 to 330.
· Aeolian Edge: Combo potency has been increased from 360 to 400; Rear combo potency from 420 to 460.
· Shadow Fang: Combo potency has been increased from 200 to 220; Damage over time potency from 50 to 70.
· Hakaze: Potency has been increased from 170 to 200.
· Jinpu: Combo potency has been increased from 320 to 340.
· Shifu: Combo potency has been increased from 320 to 340.
· Gekko: Combo potency has been increased from 470 to 480.
· Kasha: Combo potency has been increased from 470 to 480.
And if you don't know how to choose between Ninja or Samurai, we will give you some advice (If you don't have enough FFXIV Gil in your pocket, please contact us):
You can choose Ninja if you love the speed and fluidity of its kit, and Ninja generates passively, which makes it less of a resource management job like SAM.
Samurai feels more like a well-oiled machine by comparison, as it exists solely to pump out damage, and none of its moves lose potency due to having status effects like NIN's Jugulate. The moves aren't as flashy as some NIN stuff, but they are flashy enough.