FFXIV Guide: How to perform an emergency removal of your Software Token(1) Go to the Software Token Emergency Removal page and enter your Square Enix ID and password and your Emergency Removal Password.
Software Token Emergency Removal page:
(2) An email containing the Software Token removal URL will be sent to the email address registered to your Square Enix account.
(3) Click on the URL to remove your Software Token.
* Note that the URL will expire after 60 minutes. Please be sure to click on it and complete the removal of your Software Token before it expires.
How to Re-register your Software Token
(1) Log into the Square Enix Account Management System with the Square Enix account you wish to register your Software Token to.
Square Enix Account Management System:
(2) Open the “One-Time Password” page found below the “Services and Options” category.
(3) Select “Configure Software Token Application” at the bottom of the page and choose “Software Token Registration.”
(4) Select either “Software Token for iPhone and iPod touch” or “Software Token for Android” depending on the type of operating system installed on your device.
(You will be taken to the AppStore or GooglePlay website according to your selection.)
* Please do not close the Square Enix Account Management System window as you will need to come back to it later.
* Once your application finishes downloading, please return to the Square Enix Account Management System window and continue with the steps below.
(5) Click on “Next” in the “Software Token Registration” page.
(7) A registration password will be sent to the email address registered to your Square Enix account.
(8) Launch the application after it has been installed, choose your language, and then enter your Square Enix ID, registered date of birth, and the registration password that was sent to you. This will complete the Software Token registration.
* Please be aware that the Software Token registration cannot be completed until you enter your Square Enix ID, date of birth, and registration password into the application.
* The registration password will expire after 60 minutes. If your password expires, you must restart the re-registration process from step 1.
* The “Registration Password” refers to the password that is sent to the email address registered to your Square Enix account in step 7. Please use caution as it is not the same as your Square Enix account password.
If you have lost your Emergency Removal Password or are unable to perform the emergency removal of the Software Token yourself, the Support Center will be able to remove it for you once account ownership is verified. Please review the FAQ below for further details.